- If you start with one penny and double your money every day for one month, by the end of the month you’ll have $10,737,418.
- 79% of US stock trades are made by computers and electronic trading.
- Due to hyperinflation in 2009, Zimbabwe started printing 100 trillion dollar bills. Equivalent to only $0.40 when it was taken out of circulation.
- After an IPO, stock prices drop on average in the first year despite all the hype of going public.
- The most pricey stock is Berkshire Hathaway at $281,000 per share.
- Over a 30 year, $250,000 mortgage, you will pay a total of $429,673. $250,000 in principal and $179,673 in interest.
- 1945 had the highest marginal tax rate of 94%.
- Floor Traders at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange follow a dress code that requires jackets. Because the trading floors would get so hot, their sport coats are commonly made of mesh. These coats have funky prints including flames, polka dots, and neon.
- Over half of Generation Xers have less than $10,000 saved for retirement.
- A special dividend from Microsoft of $32 billion in 2004 single handedly rose quarterly US personal savings by 1.5%.
Please ask permission before sharing or modifying this infographic.
BRK: A share price as of 10/6/17
I assume 4% interest on the mortgage